David Hollier - Kurt Cobain
- Limited Edition Screen Print
- Text from: Dumb and Slither (Nirvana)
- Very limited run of only 50, hand printed, numbered and signed by the artist.
- On 100% cotton rag pH neutral, acid free 250gsm (90lb) paper using high end water-based acrylic ink.
- Paper size: 38cm x 38cm (15″ x 15″).
David Hollier's unique brand of art is called Imago Verbosa (literally 'images made with words'). His artistic technique almost magically creates images of cultural and political icons as composites of their famous words in the form of painted and typed text.
David is a one-of-a-kind artist: his works are truly mind-boggling as well as beautiful. Their clean-cut style makes them ideal for decorating elegant spaces, both classic and modern. For this reason his works are high in demand with top interior designers, exclusive hotels/establishments looking for a sophisticated artsy look and many private collectors loving both their aesthetic and intellectual value.
Born and raised in Wolverhampton in the U.K. David Hollier now resides and works from his studio in Brooklyn, N.Y. Part social commentary and part documentary, David Hollier’s work literally blurs the lines between pop culture
and politics and invites us to consider the power of words to influence and endure.